Wednesday 27 November 2013

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Ms. Margaret Cephas of MTN project fame season 6.


Amanda-era presents, an exclusive interview with Margaret Mamuchi Cephas; the second runner up at the MTN Project Fame season 6.
Margaret Cephas has loved music for as long as she can remember. She had been singing since she was a child and in a bit to make the most out of her talent she went in for the MTN Project Fame contest.

Currently rounding up with her studies at United Methodist University, Monrovia, she studies Biology/Chemistry. This Liberian beauty was the first runner up at the 2012 edition of Liberian Talent hunt show – “A STAR IS BORN.”
Ms. Liberia as we fondly choose to call her is a very humble and delightful and extremely gifted young lady. A true star in the rising and of a truth she has come to stay, as this “STAR IS BORN”

The “E WONNA EASY” coroner speaks to us candidly on her influences, challenges and the future. See interview below:

AEB: Rep your hood, where in Liberia are you from?

Margaret:  I'm from Rivercess County.

AEB: What genre of music do you do?

Margaret:  I do Gospel (mix with other genre).

AEB: What was your inspiration/motivation to go into music?

Margaret:  My love for music actually motivates me, my parents, and knowing that I have this voice that is very unique!

AEB: Where do you gain your inspiration from?

Margaret:  My inspiration comes from my environment, or where I am and what goes on around me, situations and also my family and good music.

AEB: Your musical mentors foreign and local?

Margaret: Well, I don't have a “musical mentor” yet, still holding on to what I learned at MTN project fame.

AEB: What kind of music did you listen to when growing up and how would you say they influenced your kind of music now?

Margaret:  Lots of different kinds, but like I said, the Lines and beats from other music help me get mine going, especially the ones that are inspiring.

AEB: How was the journey before project fame?

Margaret:  The journey before PF was a bit short and easy, because I was not really stuck to music. It was just singing in my church choir, leading, and then after partaking in the ‘star is born’ competition I got more “glued”. So I decided to elevate my skills by trying out for project fame.

AEB: the project fame experience; talk about its gains and merits?

Margaret:  Project Fame was another big step that I took! And it helped me a lot. In getting over my fears especially on stage, believing in myself more, voice exercises, knowing my page range, my vocal abilities and a lot more.

Like my song says “e wonna easy”. It was hard! The stress and the pressure. But I made it by the Grace of God. In all, it was a great experience. After my hard work I took third place, and got a car and 2million naira.

AEB: Challenges and regrets?

Margaret: the main challenge was me living in a house for three months where all you do is sing, with all pressure and stress. Another challenge was knowing that you are not the only person with a unique voice and y'all are running a competition. Yet another challenge was leaving my country, my home, my family, and that my responsibility was to represent them. And it was my first time travelling out of LIBERIA, with not much experience. Despite all this, I don't have any regrets! It was all worth it.

AEB: How has it been after project fame?

Margaret:  Project fame is over, and it is going good so far, just keeping my head up and making sure that I put all my knowledge into good use.

AEB: Family; how have they encouraged you?

Margaret:  They've encouraged me a great deal. By sending me to places where I can get more experience, and making funds for it.

AEB: What’s your ideal man like?

Margaret:  Well he should be simple, caring, and most of all a God fearing man.

AEB: Are you in a relationship now?

Margaret:  Yes, I'm in a relationship.

AEB: FASHION; Please talk to us about your fashion style and what you think about trends.

Margaret:  I love fashion. And almost everything goes with me. I'm the tom-boy-mix- type of person. I Love swag! I love my African style. I might have my own fashion show mix with music because I also love designing.

AEB: VALUES; what do you enjoy doing most when you are not singing/doing music?

Margaret:  When I'm not singing, I'm in school, designing, writing rhymes or poems, reading, drawing.etc.

AEB: How do you relax?

Margaret:  Breathing exercise (just breathing). I try to put myself in a great cool and silent place mentally. And also sleeping. I love my sleep.

AEB: A brief message for Liberia would be?

Margaret: to my fellow Liberians, we need to step up our game when it comes to music. Let’s improve our skills and produce something great. We have the gift and talent, let's use them wisely. Our music needs to go worldwide, and spice up our culture.

AEB: How can your fans reach you?

Margaret:  My facebook page: (Margaret Mamuchi Cephas)

Twitter handle: (@margeret_pfame)

Email: (magmusic19@gmail.com),

BBM(29D3C457).

AEB: What’s in the future? Any new projects?

Margaret:  Well I don't know the future but my plans are to keep moving forward. Stretch my arms across the world using my voice to heal and inspire people. I have a Christmas thing coming up. I'm still planning it though. I also would love to have concerts for children all around various counties, these and lots more to come.

AEB: A word of encouragement for your fans.

Margaret:  I love my fans, and I thank them very much for their support. Please don't stop pushing through! Whether its music or whatever you love doing, keep doing it. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't. Every human has got talent hidden somewhere in them. It just takes guts to bring it out. When you fall get right back up and move on. There's a God that watches over us and He has a purpose for you on earth.

Margaret in her element on project fame stage.

Margaret and her brand new car.

Margaret with her mother, father and siblings.

Margaret strikes a pose.

Margaret on the street at home in Liberia.

13 comments:

prince said...

Keep doing your thing babe de sky is just your startin point..... God bless you dear... Big tanks to amanda-era fr doin dis..

Anonymous said...

Bestest girl ever....lol

Anonymous said...

Cool babe... Keep doin your thing gal

esse said...

Awwww..shez sooo pretty....love you loadds...

kat said...

Liberian gal.... Hot...

Adolf Adolf Wagner said...

Super .....

chinedu said...

fine girl!! why is she not single na?. I for don apply nw

Camelia said...

lol @ chinedu

chinedu said...

why is camelia laughing out loud??

kat said...

@ chinedu cause wat u said was kinda funny

chinedu said...

kat. it wasn't funny oh, cos i was dead serious...i like d girl. abi she no fine? camelia what do u think?

Anonymous said...

My sis is your fan, we had to google your name to find this article, common mag u really need to step up even if it means u leaving liberia, olawale n johny, blessing n co hav all release singles, n i cant find any of yours, it pains me

Margaret Cephas said...

Aww.. 😍 Great to come across this! Thanks again!
It's Official! The wait is over!
"Papa God "#Papa_God #Papa_God #Papa_God
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
Follow the links to download and listen...
Share.. Comment.. Subscribe and enjoy! God bless!
https://youtu.be/N902_aqR58M

https://audiomack.com/
/margaret-mamuchi-cephas/papa-god-prodby-stone-luckshine

Listen to Papa God.mp3 by Margaret Cephas #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/maggie_pfame/papa-god-mp3

https://plusliberia.com/2019/04/margaret-cephas-papa-god-prod-stone-luckshine/

Post a Comment