Friday 8 November 2013

Jennifer Lawrence: Deaf and drinking on 'Catching Fire' set.

Jennifer Lawrence: Deaf and drinking on 'Catching Fire' set
 
Jennifer Lawrence's hair has had a drastic makeover, but the actress herself is as refreshingly frank as ever.
 
The actress participated in a few fan events on Wednesday, including a Google+ Hangout with her "Hunger Games" co-stars Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, a Yahoo! "fireside chat" along with "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" director Francis Lawrence, and another Facebook Q&A along with the whole crew.

One persistent question, of course, was what prompted Lawrence's big chop.

"I cut it earlier, and it grew to that awkward gross length and I kept putting it back in a bun, and I was like, 'well, I don't want to do this,' so I just cut it off. It couldn't get any uglier," she joked with the audience at Yahoo!. "This isn't how Katniss is going to look in the next movies, don't worry. I'm wearing a wig."

It was evident from Lawrence's interaction with her cast mates that they've developed a familial bond, and, like a lot of siblings, that bond has included accidental injuries. As Hutcherson said during Google+'s hangout, Lawrence once nearly knocked him out.

"When we were filming the first movie, 'The Hunger Games,' in North Carolina, we were goofing around and all of a sudden she does a textbook roundhouse kick, right to my temple," he recalled. "I kept consciousness, and we kind of laughed about it and I walked away. I went to the medic, and ... I had a mild concussion."

Lawrence - who's been profusely apologizing for kicking Hutcherson in the head for the past three years now - didn't escape filming the newest "Hunger Games" movie, "Catching Fire," without hurting herself, too.

"I went deaf in one ear for two-and-a-half weeks," the 23-year-old actress revealed. "I got a double ear infection because I had to keep diving into this water, and then I had to keep jumping into this water that was supposed to be like hurricane water, with really powerful jets ... and punctured my eardrum."

Never say Lawrence doesn't suffer for her art. It wasn't all pain behind-the-scenes, though. Occasionally, the cast - particularly, it sounds like, Woody Harrelson – likes to let loose with a few drinks. While they were filming at a convention center in Atlanta, Hutcherson and Harrelson were "running around acting like total idiots while you guys were trying to film - it was so much fun."

"We were drunk," Lawrence interjected. "That was fun. That was the first time I'd ever drank at work."

At least the shot turned out OK. "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" opens nationwide on November 22.


No comments:

Post a Comment