Friday 18 October 2013

A BRIEF SESSION WITH MR. MAY D


My name is Akinmayokun Awodumila also known as Mr. May D
I‘d hate to classify my genre of music because I more or less see myself as versatile. The types of music I do vary, from pop to rhythm & blues to Afro beat. It depends. 
As a youngster, my dad had records of the legendary pop icon Michael Jackson and I was always dancing to his songs.
Growing up I realized I also had a love for singing. A combination of the two has led me to where I am today.
And so my number one musical mentor both foreign and local would be Michael Jackson and Fela Kuti (both musical greats). 
My musical journey has been great so far. I thank God; his little mercies and the work I have put into my career is finally paying off. There are always challenges in any facet of life. Without challenges people will not have lessons to learn. So I always see challenges as an opportunity to learn, an opportunity to grow.
As for regrets, I would honestly say I don’t have because I’d rather think of the positives than the negatives.
In my music, I draw inspiration from a whole lot of things; From God, life’s lessons and beautiful people.
As for what’s in the future for me, it’s to become the best at what I do.
For the ladies, yes I am single and I like Smart, intelligent ladies.

Fans can follow me on:
 Twitter @MisterMayD,
 Instagram @mrmayd,
And like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/mrmayd 
-         Ma Era

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool guy. Can i get ur digits.

Post a Comment